Vegetarian Tempeh Jambalaya
By: The Fresh Diet
Jambalaya is a classic Cajun dish. This Vegetarian Tempeh Jambalaya recipe from The Fresh Diet re-imagines this Louisiana favorite so that it is fit for a vegetarian diet. Plus, this easy jambalaya recipe will show you how to prepare tempeh, a soy-based protein fit for a vegan diet.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces tempeh, diced
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper, mushrooms, and garlic, and sauté until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and transfer to a 2 1/2 quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 65to 70 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
This recipe comes from The Fresh Diet (www.thefreshdiet.com), America’s premiere at-home meal delivery company.
To read more click here: http://www.favediets.com/Vegetarian/Vegetarian-Tempeh-Jambalaya#