The Fresh Diet shares some of its favorite recipes in new cookbook
The cookbook features 99 customer-favorite recipes from The Fresh Diet’s menu. The author of the book, Chef Yos Schwartz, is chief culinary officer for The Fresh Diet and a Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute-trained chef.
The book starts off with a little history on The Fresh Diet from its CEO Zalmi Duchman. The company began in Miami in 2005 with just five customers and now has kitchens in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, Dallas and Toronto for daily meal delivery. It also now offers a weekly meal delivery by mail to all 50 states.
But you can try some of its meals in your kitchen with your own ingredients. Some of the dishes, by meal:
- Breakfast: Breakfast Veggie Burrito; Coconut Cream & Walnut Oatmeal; Strawberry Stuffed Whole Wheat French Toast.
- Lunch: Cajun Shrimp-Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Crowns With Balsamic Reduction Sauce; Hearty Lentil, Turkey Sausage & Brown Rice Soup; Crab Salad Sandwich on Nine-Grain Bread.
- Dinner: Spicy Chickpea Patty With Cilantro Lime & Green Chilies; Pan-Seared Sea Scallops with Ginger Jerk Sauce; Turkey Chili Con Carne.
- Savory Snacks: Mandarin Duck Pancakes With Scallions; Mini Whole Wheat Pockets Filled With Tuna Salad; Mini Whole Wheat Sweet & Sour Sloppy Joes.
- Dessert: Cherry Maple Oatmeal Cookies; White Chocolate Chip Cappuccino Cheesecake; Sauteed Pineapple With Key Lime Yogurt Topped With Toasted Coconut Flakes.
Every recipe in the 184-page softcover book has a full-page color photo and nutrition information, which includes calories, total fat, cholesterol, sodium, carbohydrates, fiber, sugars and protein.
You can get the book a couple of ways: